Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I’m in Hong Kong!

Kinda slow on the updates, but really not that much interesting stuff has been going on with me. Right now I’m in Hong Kong with a Thai friend of mine. I’m helping him sell some Ruby rough to the Chinese stone cutters. It’s been an interesting trip, although carrying rough stone around can get a little strenuous. My Thai friend is kinda old, so I end up carrying the heavy bags. This is pretty low grade stone, so we have a lot of it. The first couple days I was walking around Hong Kong with around 30 pounds of Ruby in my backpack. Hong Kong has lots of public transport which is convenient, but we end up walking for days. I’m definitely getting some exercise.
It’s been a while since I’ve been here, and I’ve forgotten how funny Hong Kong is. I just can’t help but laugh to myself when I read some of the signs and menus…like when we drove past “Man Fuk Road”, or a Latte described as a rich cup of coffee stained with milk…Hmmm milk stained coffee, sounds good huh?…..I wonder if there’s a Lady Fuk Road. It’s only fair right?
Anyway I hope you are all well, take care.

5 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha....I need to go down that road! LOL. Well not really. I'm thinkin of going on strike again! What the heck...hell no I won't go! Maybe take Louise down that road? LOLOL....j/k! Have fun in Thailand Louise!! I know you will have a blast. Give the boys a big hug and kiss from ME! Mwah!!

Lots of Love and Hugs and Kisses!
Dorri

 
At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harvey said,
Hey guys. We are out of town also. We are in Saigon looking for furniture manufacturers. It's unbelievable how much this place has changed in the two years since we were here last. The standard of living has very apparently gone up radically. It has become very cosmopolitan, nice cars and motercycles everywhere.beautiful new buildings and homes everywhere. Malls,shops,and restaraunts of high desgn and execution on every corner. It puts anything in Thailand to shame. Oh and Mikey-Visa very good! Lotsa love everybody
Harv

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Jenny B. said...

Happy almost St. Patty's Day everyone!!!

hope you all have your fair share of green beer and irish fun!

xo. Jenny
Éirinn go Brách

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Jenny B. said...

check check double check.

just wanted to swing by and say hello to everyone :)

peace and love.
Jenny

 
At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys!! So ummm any more pics? I'm need to change my background soon! =)

Hearts, Dorri

 

Post a Comment

<< Home